0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 10:43 AM by Clizzle

1120: Access of undefined property when using an XMLListCollection

Clizzle

I am pretty new to flex...and to XML.  I am grabbing some XML data from a webservice using the HTTPService tag, this works great.  I can assign the XML data to an ArrayCollection or and XMLListCollection (prefer to work with the ArrayCollection because eventually the data will be coming out of a salesforce.com data base instead of an XML webservice).

I can access most of the tags in my XML document without an issue, but for some reason I can't access the elements in the "attachedDocs" tag.  A sample of the XML is below

- <products>
      -      <product>
                 <modelNumber>1794sc IRT8I</modelNumber>
                <description>8 Channel Isolated RTD/Thermocouple Module</description>
                <filterWord>1794</filterWord>
      -           <attachedDocs>
      -                <document>
                          <docName>webport demo instructions.pdf</docName>
                   </document>
      -                <document>
                           <docName>success091509110703097.csv</docName>
                     </document>
            </attachedDocs>
        </product>
      </products>
      I tried to use the mx:label and mx:text tagst to display the <docName> property, but I get the 1120 error....I thought maybe because there are multiple <document> per <attachedDocs> I needed to use the mx:list as shown below:

<mx:List dataProvider="{data.attachedDocs.document}" />

if I only drill down to the <document> level I see [object,Object]  displayed, which I expect, but when I try to actually bind to the <docName> value I again get the 1120 error:

<mx:List

<mx:List dataProvider="{data.attachedDocs.document}" labelField="docName"/>

(the above code is part of a custom itemRenderer called by the following code in my main application:

<comp:testList

id="list6" dataProvider="{productList}"

itemRenderer="

components.productListRenderer"

filterWord="

1794"

itemClick="currentState=

'productSelected'" />

)
      Is there something I need to do to get access to the children of the <attachedDocs> attribute?