1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 6:09 PM by John FXRS

Printing large pages on small printer

John FXRS

I have a drawing that has been created to print on paper that is 17 x 11 inches however my printer only prints on 8.5 x 11 inch paper.  I can have Reader 9.1.3 shrink the document to fit on 8.5 x 11 inch paper but then the printing is too small to read.  Is there a way I can select portions of the page to print on 8.5 x 11 paper and then tape the printouts together?  For example I would like to break the drawing into four parts, print each of the four parts on a seperate piece of paper and then, after printing,  tape the four pieces of paper together to view the drawing.  My only other choice is to take the drawing to someone who can print on 17 x 11 inch paper.

• 1. Re: Printing large pages on small printer
          John FXRS Level 1

Sorry to have bothered you folks with such a simple question.  All I need to do is, while viewing the drawing in Adobe Reader, to zoom to what ever extent I need to zoom on my screen to see the detail I need and then print using the following print opptions:  Print Range: "Current view", Page Scaling: "Fit to Printable Area" and select "Auto-Rotate and Center".  It's important that once a  particular zoom level is selected in not be changed when printing all the various parts of the drawing.  If the zoom level is changed the pages can't be taped together in any meaningful way.