2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2009 9:14 AM by embinder

nativeWindow.stage positioning

embinder

At the beginning of my application I call nativeWindow.maximize() and go on to load data and then add a view to nativeWindow.stage. Though it does add it does not appear to be at 0,0. When I check the x position of the added element it returns as 0. Any idea as to why I cannot position this view at the very left-top of the window?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: nativeWindow.stage positioning
          Joe ... Ward Level 4

What is your nativeWindow.stage.stageAlign setting?

If you are using Flex (or an HTML-based AIR app), this is  automatically set to keep the origin in the top-left corner. In Flash, top-left is not the default, so if you change the size of the stage, the origin will no longer be in the corner.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: nativeWindow.stage positioning
            embinder Level 1

I am using Flex and it is set to top-left. Is it correct that the size of the nativeWindow is constrained by the resolution of the monitor? For example, if I set something to a negative position on the window's stage, it should not affect nativeWindow.width or nativeWindow.height.

The view I am placing is consistantly placed in the same spot and it is the only view I add to nativeWindow.stage. Due to that consistancy I was able to just offset it, but it is still strange that I'm having the issue.

Thanks!