4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2008 1:48 PM by mentlity

AS 2.0 syntax errors

mentlity Level 1
      The fla in the link contains syntax errors.

any help?

rd

DOWNLOAD FLA HERE
        • 1. Re: AS 2.0 syntax errors
          Rothrock Level 5
          A lot of people don't want to go to trouble and risk to down load an unknown file.

Why don't you cut and paste the errors? If there area lot of them often the first one causes a "cascade" effect of sorts. So just post the first couple to get us started.
          • 2. AS 2.0 syntax errors
            mentlity Level 1
            The fla is real, I would never post a link to something other than what I say. I have respect for the forum and the best way to fix would be for someone to see the fla. Below are the errors

fixed all but this below.

*Error** Symbol=menu back, layer=view documentary, frame=1, Line 1: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances
            on (release){
            I dont understand, it is a button instance!
            • 3. Re: AS 2.0 syntax errors
              Rothrock Level 5
              Well Flash is generally right about what it considers a button or a movieclip.

Remember that something can be one thing in the Library, but it is possible to reassign that type using the properties panel. So check that and make sure it hasn't accidently been changed.

Is there some reason you are publishing back to Flash 5? I can only generate that error myself if I choose to publish back to Flash 5.
              • 4. Re: AS 2.0 syntax errors
                mentlity Level 1
                Flash 5? I didn't realize that. I have to check the publishing prefs.

thx