5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2009 11:40 AM by TCAatAJP

I need to make this odd calculation

TCAatAJP

1) I'm an absolute beginner, Mac OS 10.4.11,have Adobe Pro 9, and have to make a form to calculate for a non-profit group. The numbers in black are part of the Word document only. (I can't get the numbers to show up like that in the Form)

2) I've a group of 3 radial buttons of which only one can be "chosen" (125, 225 or 225=all for different pricing).

I have a check box to inform me that they want to add $25 fee or not, and I have a text box formatted to an amount that will be keyed in by a client.

3) I need to add a box that will give me the final calculation of $125 (or 225 or 225), to add $25 if they click on the check box, and to add the amount they key into the Display ad Amount.

Is this possible? I've tried to figure this out, but can't understand anything about this scripting thing.

I've seen on a PDF form on the internet where there are buttons on top of the form that will allow a client to click on "email this form" "print this form" and "Save" Anyone have a script for this/these?

Thanks

Tanya

Picture 1.png

• 1. Re: I need to make this odd calculation
          MarkWalsh Level 4

This calculation is actually pretty simple. Just set the Export value for each of your radio buttons and checkbox to the value it represents, and set the text field to calculate the sum of those fields.

Additionally, if you name your radio button fields 'Price.125', 'Price.225' (I don't know why you have 2 different buttons for $225) , your checkbox field 'Price.Fee', and your entered text field 'Price.EnteredValue' (NOTE- all field names begin with 'Price.") then you only have to set the calculation to the sum of field 'Price'. Any fields that you add to the form whose name starts with 'Price." will automatically be added into the total sum. Just don't forget the period after the word 'Price' in the field name.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I need to make this odd calculation
            TCAatAJP Level 1

1)  "Set the Export value for each radio button":

-------->I've set each of the Properties Buttons Value of the amount I want e.g. $125 or $225 but only ONE amount can be shown in the first 3 Totals as the 3 radio buttons are part of an "either-or" group

2) "and checkbox to the value it represents"  -------->My problem is I won't know how much until the person types in a number.

3) "and set the text field to calculate the sum of those fields" Done and it works.

Help!

Picture-1.jpg

• 3. Re: I need to make this odd calculation
              TCAatAJP Level 1

Here is what's happening. When I click on the $125 button, all 3 totals show $125. Since it's an either or choice for the person of the 3 radio buttons, I need to have only the one amount shown to correspond to the red button that was clicked.

Picture-1.jpg

• 4. Re: I need to make this odd calculation
                gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You should only need one total field for the radio button amount as the buttons are exclusionairy.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: I need to make this odd calculation
                  TCAatAJP Level 1

Thanks for all your help. It appreciated. After re-reading the posts, I found a solution.