- Make sure you link images rather than embedding or using Copy/Paste.
- Save without PDF Compatibility. This is available during Save As.
- Save using Compression. This is available during Save As.
- Delete unused brushes, swatches, and symbols. There is a pre-recoded action to do this in the Actions panel.
- Don’t worry about it, GB are cheap. I just bought 1,500 of them for $108.
You might first try to do a save as instead of a save.
will i reduce the quality print out?
currently the illstrator file size create the pdf is around 60mb in sIze.. ai around 200mb in size.
we need to transfer the ai file over internet for the other side to do printing...
1 person found this helpful
Please follow this video tutorial and you will see a small thing can reduce the file size easily. It was really helpfull for me.
How to Reduce AI Vector file size: An Adobe illustrator Tutorial
My AI file size was not going under 1 MB even by deleting extras so what I did is I opened a raster small image of 100 kb with Adobe Illustrator. then deleted the image and saved the file as AI. Then I Copied the whole vector content of original AI file that was bigger then 1 MB with ctrl+c command and pasted it in the new file created with raster image. and saved it. Wow the new file size is only 137 kb now.