2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2009 5:59 AM by AdobeScripts

[OT] CSx and RAID array ...

AdobeScripts Level 3

hi

do you know what happen if I'll install any CSx on RAID array and one drive fail and I'll replace this drive and I'll rebuild RAID array - will CSx "see" this as hardware change and I'll need reactivate it - current activation will be lost - or nothing happen ?

thanks

robin

www.adobescripts.co.uk

• 1. Re: [OT] CSx and RAID array ...
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

Well, from the perspective of the OS (rather than CS) there is no hardware change -- when properly set-up, a RAID system behaves as a single disk station, according to the OS.

CS does not care about hardware at all. Your CS registration code is much further away from the hardware: it's a value in the OS (somewhere in the registry, probably). If it cannot be found, that would indicate quite a serious OS failure -- and it would be the least of your problems

• 2. Re: [OT] CSx and RAID array ...
            AdobeScripts Level 3

[Jongware] wrote:

Well, from the perspective of the OS (rather than CS) there is no hardware change -- when properly set-up, a RAID system behaves as a single disk station, according to the OS.

CS does not care about hardware at all. Your CS registration code is much further away from the hardware: it's a value in the OS (somewhere in the registry, probably). If it cannot be found, that would indicate quite a serious OS failure -- and it would be the least of your problems

Then why many people had problems with RAID systems - with activation ?

Why you can't install trial again on the same machine after reformatting hdd and you can't install trial on hdd if this hdd was as second drive on machine where trial was installed before ...

And I'm talking about PC.

robin

www.adobescripts.co.uk