5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2009 3:31 AM by Spirit75

FB4, Data Services&PHP returned data is lost

Spirit75 Level 1

Hi,

I set up an RPC call using the data services, all works fine so far. Fb built a dataType for me holding all the returned variables. Now I let Fb generate the communication forms for me. This results in a form where I put in the parameters and hit the button that triggers the call. And a second form that is supposed to show the results. Now whereas the call of the rpc works fine, the results are never shown. When I dump in the php what is supposed to be returned all looks fine.

As far as I understand Fb sets up an RPCManager that is supposed to handle the result. But I do not understand how to trace the callback. (I used to use the HTTPService where I set up a callback event manually, this was easy to trace but I am kind of stuck with the RPCManager).

Is there a possibility to track the callback function that is supposed to handle the return values of the rpc call? PHP returns an associative array, when I configure the Data service in Fb all fields are correctly identified. What could be a reason for the result form not to show anything? Using RPCs that return a single string only works fine!

THX in advance.