Crash without message in effect module
This sounds like the nVidia driver problem many of us have had (there are around half-a-dozen threads about this).
If you have an nVidia graphics card and are running nVidia driver 190.62 then remove (and do not reinstall) the PhysX / Steroscopic3D features from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Who knows - this may also fix the VC++ problem. If it does, please let us know as it extends the forums knowledge of this nVidia bug.
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children
Exact nvidia bug.
I can work few minute now, but freeze and crash again lot of lot of time.
- display result on second screen very easy
- following object
- preview of effect
- slow (on intel 4 cores 2,5 with 8go ram)
- few sound improvment fonction
- error of translation in french "mode racord dynamique"
- error in windows 7 64bits version when you try to get media from directory you lost the file list when you select file
Heron, I have branched your topic to a new thread.