4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2009 2:03 PM by John Currie

Video playing with a purple tint

andysom25

Alright i just updated my premier pro cs4 then when i went back in to work on a project all my video started playing with this wierd purple tint...

how do i fix this? please help me guys i really need to finish editing this project soon and this will set me back if i can't find a way to fix it.

Thank you guys

• 1. Re: Video playing with a purple tint
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Let's try this again, without all the nonsense, shall we?

-Jeff

• 2. Re: Video playing with a purple tint
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

It seems that other threads are gone. At the risk of repeating myself, I'll go at it, as though they just did not exist.

Now to the OP,

When something works one day, but not the next, then something has changed. It might be tiny and seemingly insignificant, or something like a new piece of hardware, or software. What you need to focus on is EVERYTHING that has changed, since the Project worked fine.

Next, we need to get a lot more information. This ARTICLE will give you some ideas as to what info will be helpful. This keeps us from getting into a "20 Questions" loop. The more completely you can describe your System, your Project and your Assets, the easier it will be to help you.

Also, if you could post a screen-cap of your Timeline, your Program Monitor and your Project Panel, it will go a very long way to helping others help you.

Hint: use the little "camera" icon on the forum's editing screen:

Adobe_Forum_Image.jpg

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Video playing with a purple tint
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              without all the nonsense, shall we?

Grinch.

• 4. Re: Video playing with a purple tint
                John Currie Level 1

Try:

1     Use System Restore to go back to before the PrePro update

2     Even better if you have an image of the c: drive to restore to before the update

3     Update the video card driver

4     Have you downloaded/installed any codecs/codec packs between working/non working?

5     What are your source material properties? Avi, Mov, MPEG etc with appropriate info re codecs?

6      Have you tried importing the old project into a new one? What happens when you do?

7     What other steps have you taken to resolve this yourself?

8     What is your system spec with particular reference to HDD setup? What OS are you using?

9     Refer to and answer the Wine_Snobs queries, in as much detail as you can thole to give.

John