5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2009 11:28 AM by John T Smith

Pre8 and audio sync

jerrymac50 Level 1

I have Pre7 and does anyone know if the audio and video sync problem some fokes like my self experenced in Pre7 has been addressed? I know a fix was hdvsplit.

• 1. Re: Pre8 and audio sync
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are your sync problems caused by the CODEC of your video files?

• 2. Re: Pre8 and audio sync
            jerrymac50 Level 1

Thanks for the quick responce. All I know is I use a Cannon hdv 30, captured by firewire to Pre7. The audio is out of sync. To answer your question I don't know.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Pre8 and audio sync
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Most of those out-of-sync problems were related to the source files, though a few were related to using the wrong project settings.

What type of camcorder did this video come from and how did you get it into your computer?

• 4. Re: Pre8 and audio sync
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Buying new software when you don't know why something doesn't work is a waste of money

Go to the link below and work through all of the steps, and learn...

This is aimed a Premiere Pro, but may help (especially the link to GSPOT!)

First, work through all of the steps here http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of that link

• 5. Re: Pre8 and audio sync
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

JerryMac,

When one does a Capture via firewire, it is just a copying of the 1's and 0's recorded by the camera. It is exact and unfailing in that.

I'd guess that OOS issues are being introduced elsewhere in the workflow. I have not seen people having issue with the Canon HDV30, but may have missed some. If you have some article links, I'd love to look over them to perhaps refresh my memory, which isn't as good as it once was.

Not sure why PrE would have issues, that HDVSplit would fix. Now, HDVSplit is the Capture utility, mainly for its power, that PrE and PrPro should have, but do not. The same can be said for SceneAlyzer Live for SD material. Adobe should buy their code and incorporate their capabilities into both of their NLE's.

As for any difference in PrE 8, I cannot comment. I know that ATR is doing an extensive investigation of that program, but do not know which cameras he has. If he has, or has access to, a Canon HDV30, maybe he can confirm better performance.

Good luck,

Hunt