5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2009 8:47 AM by the_wine_snob

Some stuff on me and what you can expect

dradeke Adobe Employee

Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome and replies.  WOW, I had no idea how many discussions are going on here!

I wanted to chime in quickly and let you know a couple of places where you can get some information from me.

Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/genesisproject/

Adobe Beginner Classes (ABC) on Adobe TV

Both of the above are focused on beginner style concepts for the most part.  Hence you should get the refernece to The Genesis Project - In the beginning... and ABC's.  Much of it focuses on After Effects because it's my favorite product, but you'll find a little of everything there - especially for the beginners.

Twitter is TheGenesisProj - this is more about links I come across during the course of a day.  It may be tech, it may be Adobe, it's definitely short and sweet...

The other main blog I would point to is Daves - http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/  His videos are great overviews and can also give you some great insights into how Adobe products work.

Now for a itsy bitsy bummer - I am not going to be able to track everything here...Yes, it's shocking isn't it?   I'm going to try and be here as much as I can but I can see from just posting a bit tonight that there's no way to do it all. So, if there's something going on that the regulars here aren't getting, bump it and we'll see it.

What you can expect from me is my very best, with a dash of humor on the side, but it will always be real, honest with perhaps only a little marketing spin since I am proud to be a part of Adobe.

Cheers,

Dennis Radeke

Adobe Systems

• 1. Re: Some stuff on me and what you can expect
          Curt Wrigley Level 4

Welcome Dennis.  Good to see you in here.

• 2. Re: Some stuff on me and what you can expect
            Jim_Simon Level 8

I agree.  We're lucky to have your help.

• 3. Re: Some stuff on me and what you can expect
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              What you can expect from me is my very best, with a dash of humor on the side...

What a relief. Our MOD's, and most of the "regulars" are just so dry.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program: Thanks for the introduction, and thanks for the input in so many threads so far. Sounds like it was a busy night.

It's nice to know the AE link. Many here use that program, but far too few of us would be considered experts in it. Still, it can be so useful and powerful in our video production, that we're always asking questions (some might better fit in the AE forum, but they DO relate to PrPro), and looking for info.

Usually, we're a mild bunch around here. Most of our efforts are in an attempt to help others. Oh, we might go off on tangents regarding some bit of esoterica, but it's usually germane to the original topic - with a bit of a stretch.

Welcome and I hope that we can "keep you," at least for a while. Thanks for taking the time and I hope that Adobe is giving you "hazard pay."

Hunt

• 4. Re: Some stuff on me and what you can expect
                dradeke Adobe Employee

What a relief. Our MOD's, and most of the "regulars" are just so dry. 

Well, my speciality is sarcasm and I tend to view that as extra dry.

Welcome and I hope that we can "keep you," at least for a while. Thanks for taking the time and I hope that Adobe is giving you "hazard pay."

I'll certainly try to be around for the long haul, but my point is that my 'real job' at Adobe takes up a huge amount of time and then there's the blog, Adobe TV, Twitter etc. that I get to do really for fun and for support of our customers.  Point being that I will always give it my best but don't want anyone's expectations to be that I'll magically answer everything and everyone.

As for hazard pay - it's not shown up in the check yet...

• 5. Re: Some stuff on me and what you can expect
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Dennis,

I think that most of us understand that you DO have a "day job," and that your time here will be limited. It's the same for most of us too. I WILL say that long Renders do afford one more time to play on the Adobe forum. Maybe I should not get that new workstation, after all.

We appreciate whatever time you can afford. I promise to try and keep my questions to technical items, and not ask for "behind the scenes Adobe info," and hope that others will do similar. Hey, that info keeps the Adobe Marketing Department busy...

As for the "hazard pay," just get your superior to spend a day in this swamp, and they will definitely bump you up a pay grade - or maybe two.

Good luck,

Hunt