1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2009 8:26 AM by paul.williams

How to pass a parameter through swf?

Nirmal Kumar Bhogadi

My requirement is as follows:

I have a page where I have 3 combo boxes. Say School, Class, Section, Student. When the Application initializes only the School data is seen. When the user selects a particular school, the classes appears in the combo-box, after selecting a particular class, the section combo-box is filled and when a section is selected, all the Students from that section appears. Each Student will have a particular id say student1, student2, student3 etc.

I have another page where in I have all the images of the students. When I click on a particular image of a student, a pop-up window should appear showing all the values of a particular student. The following function is called on the click of the student image.

private function openWindow(event:Event):void{

var str:String="MAIN_SCHOOL_PAGE.swf";
                      var jscommand:String = "window.open('"+str+"?param="+event.currentTarget.id+"','win','toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,r esizable=1');";
                      var url:URLRequest = new URLRequest("javascript:" + jscommand + " void(0);");
                      navigateToURL(url, "_self");
                      Alert.show("VAV id: "+event.target.id);
                  }           

This opens the page where I have all the combo-boxes of School, Class, Section, Student. How can I pass the id of the particular student here.

Thanks in Advance,
      Nirmal Kumar Bhogadi