7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2009 4:18 AM by dradeke

Some questions about effects on video

5line

I'm on PC and using Premiere Pro last version.

I wonder what effects should i use for getting such result as you can see at youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77yMXOvr5aI

yes it's simple, but i need some advices about effects at 0.29 (flashes, changes..).

• 1. Re: Some questions about effects on video
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Clips with a short duration, using short Additive Dissolve transitions. You could also add a couple frames of a white graphic or matte between each clip, and dissolve from the outgoing clip and into the incoming clip, to get the white blowout. Use additive dissolve for that too.

• 2. Re: Some questions about effects on video
            dradeke Adobe Employee

That's a pretty common look.  I always think of the old shampoo commercial "...and so on...and so on..."

The effect you want to use in Premiere Pro is the Replicate effect found in the stylize folder.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

• 3. Re: Some questions about effects on video
              5line Level 1

thanks for your advices. my friend told me now that it's better and faster to achieve such effect on video is to use Adobe After Effects.

What do you think about that?

• 4. Re: Some questions about effects on video
                dradeke Adobe Employee

Better in quality maybe (but by no means probable), but not faster.  If what you're looking for is primarily the replicate effect, why go to AE when it's staring you in the face?

Dennis

• 5. Re: Some questions about effects on video
                  5line Level 1

i'm looking not just for replicate effect. because i'm speaking not just about 0.29 sec. i'm speaking about 0.29-0.38.

in other words i need to make similiar video with my music and text on it (like in example).

• 6. Re: Some questions about effects on video
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Looking at the YouTube example, most is done with 3-9 sec. stills. Some have rapid zooms, and some are PiP (multiple frames on the screen). Do you have stills, or motion video as an Asset?

For the text, Titles can easily be done in PrPro. You might want to look at some of "Lower Third" Templates, and modify them as needed. Then, when you have what you want, you can use the Base on Existing Title icon (in Titler) to create each new Title, based on your modification, and change the text, as is needed.

All of this can be done in PrPro. There will be hand-work, as your Assets will be unique, but you can easily alter the Duration to get what you want.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Some questions about effects on video
                      dradeke Adobe Employee

Okay, here you go.

The white flash is just a Premiere Pro new item (file>New Item>color matte)  Pick white as your color and make the duration 2 frames (or possibly 1).  Throw it over your stills and you'll get the flashy look.

As for the effects on the stills, they're actually all done in Photoshop on the stills themselves.  The few that I saw were halftone pattern, invert, find edges.  If you have any further problems on the specifics, reply here.

You might look up a couple of my Photoshop entries on my blog and Adobe TV show.  I have some photoshop tips you might find useful.

Hope this helps,

Dennis