1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2008 12:50 PM by Newsgroup_User

How to export layouts to Dreamweaver

smittyboy82
      Hello fireworks community,
      I am a beginning web designer, especially in fireworks. I have learned several of the basics in the FW's program. But I am having a tuff time exporting all my layers in Dreamweaver as shown on my Fw's file. I read several tutorials on the subject, but they don't go deep in depth on how to export your work in Dreamweaver. I was wondering do you have to go into Dreamweaver and create the whole CSS page layout from the ground up and import all your work as GIF's, JEP's, or etc... to maintain the structure of the site. I tried exporting the file as a CSS file but all my layers were flattened in four basic layers categories thus in resulting my sub layers not to be visible in the DW file. I don't understand the procedure or what is best suitable way to export my files to maintain all the text, function, images, and info within my site. If there is any recommendations, info, or books that could assist me in this manner I would gladly appreciate the help with this problem.

Thank you
        • 1. Re: How to export layouts to Dreamweaver
          Level 7
          Hi Smitty,

> I was wondering do you have to go into Dreamweaver and create the
          > whole CSS page layout from the ground up and import all your work as
          > GIF's,
          > JEP's, or etc... to maintain the structure of the site

That's the way. Don't use FW for anything but creating graphics - all the
          CSS and HTML should be done in DW. So create the layout in FW, slice up the
          images you want to use, and export them (images only) to your DW site images
          folder, then create the page in DW.

Aloha,

Jerry