Maze game help

Marker88

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
      if (this.hitTest(_root.wall4)){
      _root.gotoAndStop(3)
      unloadMovie(this);
      }
      }

i use that, and when i make it like a whole symble and when i put the thing inside (for a maze game) it automaticly goes to 3, how do i stop that so it only goes when i hit the lines

• 1. Re: Maze game help
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

"i use that, and when i make it like a whole symble and when i put the thing inside (for a maze game) it automaticly goes to 3, how do i stop that so it only goes when i hit the lines"

you may understand that (run-on) sentence but it's not likely anyone else will.

but if that code is attached to a movieclip that's a child of _root.wall4, the hitTest will always resolve to true.  also, the hitTest will resolve to true if the bounding rectangles of _root.wall4 and the movieclip, to which that code is attached, intersect.

• 2. Re: Maze game help
            Marker88 Level 1

well how do i amke it so its only the symble itself, not inculding the boudries

• 3. Re: Maze game help

the simplest way with rectilinear boundaries (like walls) is to make each wall a seperate movieclip and not make two or more walls one movieclips.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Maze game help
                Marker88 Level 1

thats not possible because some i want moving... and that sounds even more complex

• 5. Re: Maze game help

whether they're moving or not makes no difference.  they can all move in lockstep.

but if you don't want to use 1 movieclip per wall then you'll need to use a shape-based hittest which is much more complicated than the solution i suggested.  you can check gskinner's hitdetection class to get an idea of how that would work.

1 person found this helpful