11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2009 3:04 PM by the_wine_snob

Video Playback Stutters after Re-install of Premiere Pro 2.0

William_C00 Level 1

I have reviewed the knowledge base and previous posts but can't find an answer to this problem.  I have been running CS2 for several years with no problem.  Recently the power supply in my system went out and I had CompUsa replace it.  They managed to trash XP Pro and had to re-intall it.  It is now back up to SP3 and the current patches and I have reloaded 2.0 and all available updates.  My projects and clips were all on a different drive so they survived fine.  My problem is that now when I play clips in either the source monitor or the program monitor they are jerky.  It doesn't matter if they are .avi or .mpeg the clip always stutters when it plays.  Audio is fine.  This never happened until the re-install so I suspect there is some setting somewhere that is now different but I can't find it.  The clips all play normally in Media Player 10 so I don't think it's a problem with the graphics card driver (I have the latest for it, also).  It's not a resource problem since this is the same hardware (dual core cpu 2gig ram) on which the same version ran the same clips without problem.   If anyone can help with this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!