oh guys I am tearing my hair out!
I bought a new camera Fuji FinePix S200EXR it was an upgrade from a previouse Fugi FinePix camera.
I use Photoshop CS3 extended.
Thing is, when I try to open the RAW images, they are displayed as RAF ( Raw Image Format ) and PS wont recognise them.
( didnt have this problem with my older fugi camera which had RAW format )
So I did all of the upgrades to the RAW plugins for PS and it still wont recognise them at all.
I Dowloaded the RAW plugin and installed to my PS plugin Folder and then tried this
To install with Adobe Creative Suite 3 or Photoshop CS3:
1. Exit Photoshop CS3.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).
4. Navigate to: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats
5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as in step 4.
7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.
Still it wont work.. infact I have just gone back to the directory and am there isnt a plugin folder there anymore.
So I got the DNG converter but when I select the folder from and select to convert into the same folder, it lists the images but says " no images converted" after I press convert...
Any of this ring any bells?
What am I doing wrong?