2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 6:35 PM by sehjta

NEF (nikon RAW) files are becoming Desaturated while 'viewing in Bridge'/'opening in ACR'..HELP!

imrul_idl_rifles

i use

1)Nikon D80

2)Adobe bridge to get the images from the camera

3)ACR to retouch the the photo a lil bit.

i set 'Saturation +2' and 'contrast +2' in My camera.

I get very nice vivid tone in my images IN MY CAMERA LCD

but recently my life is in jeopardy

i dont know why but my NEF files are not that nice when i open them up in bridge.

I wasn't sure where it went wrong.

So i shot RAW+JPEG so that i get the JPEG from the camera.

and My JPEGs are perfectly OK.

lets give you guys a look what i am talking about::

http://img213.imageshack.us/i/dsc2384large.jpg/

this came from the camera as JPEG

http://img180.imageshack.us/i/dsc2384testlarge.jpg/

and this came from the SAME camera as RAW (i saved it without any modification from ACR)

WHY? AnD WHAT IS THE SOLUTION??

EXTRA INFO YOU MAY NEED ::

my JPEG says sRGB

and my NEFs says Untagged

and in my camera setting i used sRGB...which is 'MODE3A' in my D80

And now i have some important pictures in my camera

Very important.

Is there any way to save them?(except working in ACR)

• 1. Re: NEF (nikon RAW) files are becoming Desaturated while 'viewing in Bridge'/'opening in ACR'..HELP!
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

imrul_idl_rifles wrote:

i set 'Saturation +2' and 'contrast +2' in My camera.

I get very nice vivid tone in my images IN MY CAMERA LCD

First off, the only camera settings that have any direct impact on the raw files is ISO and F stop/shutter speed. All other camera adjustments to the image are merely metadata adjustments used by the camera or camera software to process the image. Camera Raw doesn't use any of those settings at all. So, if you are shooting raw intended for processing in Camera Raw, you would do well to not use camera adjustments to the images.

As far as matching the basic default camera LCD, that's a function of knowing how to use the DNG Profiles for either Camera Raw 4.6 or 5.5. There are specific profiles intended to render certain camera makers "looks". If you wish, you can either modify your camera's "Default" in Camera Raw or use Presets to apply settings in Camera Raw or Bridge.

• 2. Re: NEF (nikon RAW) files are becoming Desaturated while 'viewing in Bridge'/'opening in ACR'..HELP!
            sehjta

As far as matching the basic default camera LCD, that's a function of knowing how to use the DNG Profiles for either Camera Raw 4.6 or 5.5. There are specific profiles intended to render certain camera makers "looks". If you wish, you can either modify your camera's "Default" in Camera Raw or use Presets to apply settings in Camera Raw or Bridge.

Jeff,

are there tutorials on how to do this?

I am having the same sistuation.

I have nice jpegs but when i open the raw files in ACR they are nto the same. How did i modify the camers default in camera raw or use presets?