8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2009 7:56 AM by the_wine_snob

Error message

fordingb Level 1

Can someone explain this error message I get trying to burn a project to a folder.I have not got this before elements 3.0

I attach screen dump

Many thanks

• 1. Re: Error message
          A.T. Romano Level 7

The print is not all that clear on your graphic...it looks like its starts with Internal Software Error.

I am suspecting that your issue is related to your project.

Check out the following Adobe TechNote and follow the path described for when you cannot burn to folder.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333162.html

By the way, are you selecting the 4.7 GB Folder or the 8.5 GB Folder option in the burn dialog? And, what is the size of your project in terms of space required and run time? From the screenshot is looks like you have VOBs as source media and in the Filmstrip of a Sceneline View. Why are you burning to folder? Did you have a problem burning to disc, and you are burning to folder as a troubleshooting measure?

If I am correct about the VOBs, have you tried converting them to DV AVI with a free software such as MPEG Streamclip and then bringing the DV AVI version into Premiere Elements. I am getting ahead of myself. Let us see if you have more details that we could put into a solution.

ATR

• 2. Re: Error message
            fordingb Level 1

Thanks for reply

Yes it is a software message-- I attach a larger version.

I am burning to 4.7GB - I have no trouble if I use a shortened version.

I have had trouble in the past so I burn to a folder 1st.

They are VOBs sources.   1.023MB , 1.023MB , 159.2MB , 287.2MB , 882MB , 717.7MB

slightly reduced in Timeline    run time 02:03:24:13 

• 3. Re: Error message
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

2 hours of VOBs is a lot for the program to render on the fly -- and it will take a lot of free, defragmented hard drive space for scratch disking.

Try switching from sceneline to timeline mode. See the red line running above all of your clips on the timeline? Press Enter and see if the program is able to render the whole timeline. (The red line will turn green.)

Also be aware that 2 hour is probably way too long for a standard DVD. Most standard DVDs can hold about 60-70 minutes of full quality video. A dual-layer disc could do better -- but that depends on how you have things set up on your DVD Share screen.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Error message
                fordingb Level 1

Hi Steve

Renders OK

I will try again tomorrow to burn it

• 5. Re: Error message
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

foringb

Just some thoughts....

Whether you burn to disc or burn to folder (4.7 GB or 8.5 GB), I would have a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space in the Quality Area of the burn dialog. Once you place a DVD disc in the DVD burner tray or alternatively click "4.7 folder", in the quality area you will see values for Space Required and Bitrate. Be guided by what they say. The program automatically lowers the bitrate from max 8 Mbps to make the fit. The lower the bitrate, the lower the quality.

I usually go the above routes. The only time I get involved with manual bitrate adjusts is if a Data Rate Error message pops up. Then I uncheck "Fit Content to Available Space" and move the Quality slider to the left just enough to get rid of the Data Rate Error message.

I think that your problems relate directly to too much time for those DVD video files (VIDEO_TS) in the saved folder which will be burned to a DVD 4.7 GB/120 min disc with a 3rd party software under its Burn Video Files category, not Make Data Disc.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Error message
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's a closer look at the error:

error_large.jpg

The faulting module is TitlePlanner.

To the OP, do you have the PrE 3.0.2 update?

To get more clues on what might be getting in the way, you can get some tips from this ARTICLE

Also note, as has been mentioned, one needs a lot of free, defragmented HDD space - much more than just the file sizes, as PrE will need some major working files.

Good luck,

Hunt.

• 7. Re: Error message
                      fordingb Level 1

Thanks for all the comments. I started today after I found it rendered OK last night. A suggestion thet I start with a re-boot after problems, meant that I started the first thing today with a clean sheet and it just went through with no problems.

• 8. Re: Error message
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you got that Render.

If a cold-boot seems to clear things up, you might want to take a look at this ARTICLE for tips on what can be done, prior to an NLE session, to insure that your program gets as close to 100% of your resources, as is possible.

Good luck,

Hunt