6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 8:37 PM by MayAdo

Adobe Reader 9.1 and Flash 10 installation SCCM command

MayAdo

Hi All

I planning to update our Adobe Flash and Reader version to the latest one.

Our environment is a little messy because we have got different version all over the place. Have you guys had same issue how should I remove different version of adobe application via SCCM?

Another question is do you guys have got command line to install Adobe Flash and Reader via SCCM using msiexec option to install with out reboot, silent and never ask for adobe update notification (As attached file)?

Thank you all.

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader 9.1 and Flash 10 installation SCCM command
          MayAdo Level 1

SCCM 2007 is the new version of SMS.

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader 9.1 and Flash 10 installation SCCM command
            BrianWMorse

I am working on this right now and will let you know if I come up with something.  We were installing the full Adobe Acrobat Pro version so we had to create a MST file using their configuration tool.  Here is the code we used to call the .msi file and the transform package.  It was a pain to get the syntax working correctly.  That being said the transform file allowed us to specify the reboot options, no autoupdate, uninstall of the old version, I belive you also need to specify the reboot option in the advertisement through SCCM.

Msiexec /i AdobePro9\AcroPro.msi TRANSFORMS="AdobePro9\AcroPro.mst" /qn

I will let you know what we come up with for adobe flash as we are upgrading this from and older version to the latest just like you.

• 4. Re: Adobe Reader 9.1 and Flash 10 installation SCCM command
              MayAdo Level 1

Hi Brian

Thanks a lot for you help.

Is it mean when you transform MSI to MST with "/qn" option will create MST file with not "REBOOT" and "No notification update enabled"?

Can I run MST file to install adobe Pro via SSCM?

I will be away for couple of weeks but I am back in this project afterwards so I would be glad to hear from you.

Thanks again.

• 5. Re: Adobe Reader 9.1 and Flash 10 installation SCCM command
                BrianWMorse Level 1

No let me clarify.  Adobe has a tool that allows you to create an answer/configuraiton file to do unattended installs of Adobe products.  So what we were able to do was use this application suppied by Adobe to create a separate answer file (MST file) that was used in conjunction with the .msi package to deploy the Adobe software with all of the settings and configurations required by the organization, such as the disable of auto update and application of patches etc.

What you need is the stand alone redistibutable adobe msi package and the following program.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3993

If you download that application it lets you create a custmized install of Adobe Acrobat using that MST transform file in conjunction with the .msi file.  Once you have created the answer file and configured the install the way you want all you have to do is create the SCCM package using that syntax pointing to your custom msi and mst files and it should execute.  It is very granular right down to removing splash screens etc.

I also confirmed that for the flash update I just used the following command for my program to execute within SCCM and this worked to install the latest version of Flash.  This just does a silent install

Msiexec /i <path to Adobe Flash msi file> /qn

This just does a silent install of the mis package with no user interaction.  There is no removal or reboot required for adobe flash so it should not be an issue.

Here is a list of the different commands and switches you can use on an msi package.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa367988(VS.85).aspx

Hopefully this helps

• 6. Re: Adobe Reader 9.1 and Flash 10 installation SCCM command
                  MayAdo Level 1

Hi Brian

Definitely this steps will be very helpfull. I will give a try and let know how it goes.

Thanks a lot.