5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2009 11:03 AM by Mark C. Dahm

please help

Mark Bryant 41

I was initially asked for a password to unlock my photo shop album starter edition3.2. but have now been locket out, can not even open the desk top icon can anyone please help me? thanks.

• 1. Re: please help
          Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

Mark,

Sorry for the inconvenience; any time you end support for a software program, there are bound to be some like yourself that continue to want to use it beyond what the company can support. Despite a long window of time to get passwords, eventually the day does come where we are no longer staffed to support it. The system we used to generate passwords isn't as accessible as it once was, but I'm trying to see if we can get a generic number so others that are in your situation aren't as stranded as you are today. I'll post that later, if I'm successful.

In the meantime, you can download and install the Photoshop Elements 8 program, which has an advanced version of Starter Edition as its Organizer, and it will be able to import catalogs that were created with Starter Edition 3 or 3.2. But even if you choose not to continue to use the catalog, know that the photos that Starter Edition displayed were created from the files that were on your hard drive, and the program hasn't moved or deleted those files; they are still accessible, but you will have to browse using Windows Explorer, rather than the Starter Edition tool. So even though you may be locked out of the program, you should still be able to access your photos.

-Mark

• 2. Re: please help
            Mark Bryant 41 Level 1

Mark

thank you verry much for your prompt reply. I will give it a go, if i encounter any further problems can i get back to you?

• 3. Re: please help

If you update this thread, then I'll get an email, and respond.

-Mark

• 4. Re: please help
                Mark Bryant 41 Level 1

Mark

Thanks for your help. Have managed to obtain/save my photo`s via hard drive as you recommended. problem is now what to do next as i can not open old version of adobe 3.2 & computer will not pick up my camera. Do i uninstall old version or install a new one your superior knowledge will be greatly received. Once again thank you for all your help & assistance 

• 5. Re: please help

Since Photoshop Album Starter Edition support has been discontinued, I think moving along to another program that is supported would be the way to go; you could use Google's Picasa, as it's similar to Starter Edition in that it also indexes your hard drive, and makes finding and organizing photos easy. Or you could continue to simply use Windows Explorer, or if you have it, Windows Photo Gallery, as it's also similar to Picasa and Starter Edition as well (at least as far as the organization part of it goes).

-Mark