0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2009 6:28 PM by Nitro27

resizing labels after zoom in

Nitro27

Hi,

I have a page with a couple different states. I've defined a transition that zooms out the entire page and zooms in the new one.  The behavior of the zoom is fine but this page on the inside contains children such as labels and other text that are used to label/ name other components such as canvases/ tab navigators etc. When the page loads up all of the text components come up as truncated. The real reason for this is the fact that I'm adding the new page as a child before I zoom the page back in. Can someone suggest how I can either refresh the page as soon as it shows up so that the text labels don't remain truncated anymore? Alternatively is there a way to accomplish the truncateToFit kind of behaior for text items other than labels?

Here is the relevant code from my application:

<mx:transitions>
              <mx:Transition id="moveAwayFromLandingPageEffect" fromState="{SessionStateVO.LANDING}"
                  toState="{SessionStateVO.VIDEOS}" >
                  <mx:Sequence>       
                  <mx:RemoveChildAction target="{videosPanel}" />                                   
                      <mx:Zoom id="zoomOutLanding" duration="2000" target="{this}"
                          originX = "{(this.width)/2}"
                          originY = "{(this.height)/2}"
                          zoomHeightFrom="1.0"
                          zoomHeightTo="0.01"
                          zoomWidthFrom="1.0"
                          zoomWidthTo="0.01"/>
                      <mx:RemoveChildAction target="{landingPage}" />                                   
                      <mx:AddChildAction target="{videosPanel}" />               
                      <mx:Zoom id="zoomIn" target="{this}" duration="2000"
                          originX = "{(this.width)/2}"
                          originY = "{(this.height)/2}"                       
                          zoomHeightFrom="0.01"
                          zoomHeightTo="1"
                          zoomWidthFrom="0.01"
                          zoomWidthTo="1"/>                                                                                                                                      
                  </mx:Sequence>
              </mx:Transition>
          </mx:transitions>