1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2009 11:47 AM by Mylenium

saving for iPhone app

itsbilly

Hi, I'm new to Illustrator and am trying it out for an iPhone game I'm working on. I've got a couple problems actually. The 1st problem I'm having is finding a way to choose my center point so that when I rotate the object in the game, it rotates around this chosen center point. I believe this has more to do with my paths and less to do with saving. By the time I'm done creating my image, even if I rotate it using the transform tool, it's off center. How can I set a permanent center point or even crop/expand to a chosen center point?

Also, any tips on optimal settings for the saved images? I'm using PNG-8 but there always seems to be a little bit of white behind the image, around the stroke. I'm saving for web/devices and have tried a few different combinations of settings.  The image size is 40x40. Thanks for any input.

• 1. Re: saving for iPhone app
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          By the time I'm done creating my image, even if I rotate it using the transform tool, it's off center. How can I set a permanent center point or even crop/expand to a chosen center point?

Only symbols have persistent registration points. for anything else, you need to create an empty square around your otehr art and group it, so you get coinsistent trasnsforms. That's assuming of course, your artwork was properly aligned in the first place. Your otehr issues more or less stem from the fact, that you are not working pixel-precise, i.e. your edges do not fall into discrete pixel rows, causing them to be antialaised, whiuch in turn triggers transparency issues. Make good use of the pixel grid for such fiddly work.

Mylenium