2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2008 5:32 PM by SEJ69

*BUG* driving me crazy!

SEJ69
      I opened a case on this bug but I wanted to see if someone else knows if there is a workaround.

I've got a licensed version of FB3.

Case:
      http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-13432

Repost:

I've been working with Flex builder 3 for about 3 months now and have been having a reoccuring file locking issue.

The details show:
      Errors during build. Errors running builder 'Flex' on project 'FT'.
      Problems encountered while deleting resources.
      Could not delete 'C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\FT\bin-debug\main.swf'.
      Problems encountered while deleting files.
      Could not delete: C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\FT\bin-debug\main.swf.

If I try to delete this file manually it says they are in use. However, when I go into manage computer it shows no open files. For some reason while running or debugging the code the main.swf on both the main application and debug application is locked. The -only- way I've found to get around this issue is to restart my computer. On average, I have to restart about every 15 minutes. I was originally thinking it was only during debugging but I've noticed that it's happening while just running the application. I've also run into the issue where it "hangs" on compiling the application and I have to exit FB and reopen. After that the application compiles just fine. This computer is a brand new HP notebook and I only have CF8, MySQL, FB3, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Illustrator installed.

I've tried to really pay attention to what causes the issues. I was originally thinking it was the debugger causing it (I was getting it a LOT using the debugger). But tonight I was getting it while working on the application and not using the debugger or debugger view. I've had to restart 3 times in the past 50 minutes.

Please help, this is a very annoying bug that is causing me a lot of wasted time to restart the whole computer this often.

Expected Results:
      Not lock the files open.

Workaround (if any):
      Reboot computer

I also just rebuilt this computer using Windows Vista/SP1 and am having the same issue. Originally it took about an hour to get the first crash but now it's more like every 5-10 minutes.

This is causing me major headaches as it takes about 5-10 minutes per reboot as well to get back to where I was. I was not using the debugger when it happened!

The ONLY way I've found to fix it is to reboot.