6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 6:39 PM by David_F57

Using Zend Framework

David_F57 Level 5

Is anyone using zend with Wamp successfully, I have revisited this "framework" a few times but revert back to amfphp because at least it works, now when I go to start with zend it copies itself to my host then when I go to create classes I get an error if I try to proceed wamp gets trashed.

image of error attached.

David

• 1. Re: Using Zend Framework
          jean-fabre

I had the same problems, and it's not linked to using wamp I think ( using easyphp).

I think it's because it needs to be installed at the root level of your web server ( in the www folder), and flash builder actually installed it in my project folder, so I copied the zend framework in my www folder and it worked ( I did not delete the original folder tho).From then on, services worked fine.

anyway, try moving the zend framework folder around, it should do then.

• 2. Re: Using Zend Framework
            David_F57 Level 5

Thanks for the tip, but I tried moving things around, zend did actually install into the www folder of wamp but it seems there are bits missing such as a gateway. Anyway vapour expands to fill space which is then bloat which pretty much covers zend, an over-engineered piece of bloatware. Anyway i'll use the old amfphp, zend just isn't worth the hassle(which pretty much is where the zend framework has always been) .

• 3. Re: Using Zend Framework
              MartyO

can I suggest another option

check out the ZendServer Community edition - has everything WAMP has + loads more

I'm having some success using Flex 4 / Zend - hurry up MAX so more examples code comes out

DM me if you need some - martin at hunome dot com

• 4. Re: Using Zend Framework
                David_F57 Level 5

thanks, I will have a look at this, never hurts to try

• 5. Re: Using Zend Framework
                  Mayank (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Did the server settings entered in the new project wizard validate? Which version of WAMP are you trying to use?

-mayank

• 6. Re: Using Zend Framework
                    David_F57 Level 5

Mayank (Adobe) wrote:

Did the server settings entered in the new project wizard validate? Which version of WAMP are you trying to use?

-mayank

The server was validated and zend installed into the wamp webfolder correctly, its just that when attempting to create a sample class things fail then wamp becomes unusable even after a reboot. I use wamp 2.0i.  Anyway the upshot is that from the beginning the zend framework has been more a hinderance than a help its a pity that Adobe didn't strike a deal with the author of AMFPhp(who unfortunately went to zend) and just give us a proper set of AMF classes instead of a low performance framework which is more about bloat than functionality and even less about AMF.

Anyway as I said earlier i have better things to do with my time and I now have the deprecated parts of AMFPhp sorted so its back to something that works without the headaches.

David.