• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any possibility to transfer an eBook from one Adobe ID to another?

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear forum,

Hmmm, sorry for the possibly newbie question, seems like this should be RTFM, but I can't seem to find the FM.

We have a customer who unfortunately inadvertently has purchased eBooks via two computers authorized with two different Adobe ID's.  And she'd now like to get eBooks from both machines onto one eReader.  Is there any way to do that?  We know how to authorize and deauthorize the eReader, but as soon as you authorize via one Adobe ID/computer the eBooks from the other Adobe ID/computer become unopenable, right?  And if this isn't formally supported, is there any chance of doing this behind the scenes via a support intervention?  The customer now understands what went wrong here, so this should be a one-off situation, and not systematic (at least for this customer...).

Thanks very much...

Cheers,

David Wood

p.s.  Possible enhancement request for ADE:  a menu option somewhere for eReader deauthorization, the current key combination is pretty obscure and doesn't really seem to be documented anywhere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the association between the user and the book is in the license, the only way to get the book associated with a different user is to get a new license.  This is not something that Adobe can do, so your best course of action is to issue the customer new download links, so that they can get the content associated with their new AdobeID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this as well as when I bought my sony 600 reader it would not allow ebook library onto my computer a sony vaiou running vista premium service pack 2 in fact it still will not load.

so my husband downloaded adobe digital onto his mac got ebook library working --bought me 2 books from waterstones and then the fun started --we got them onto the reader but they are protected and no matter which machine we go on it will not let us see the books

HELP HELP HELP ready to take this back and get a Kindle

Today I have spent 10 hours on this and no support from Sony or Adobe or Waterstones the whole thing is a nightmare --worse is I am not alone in this

Chrissie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2009 Nov 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are certainly not alone, Chrissie.  I have been caught out by the same thing.  I will be advising everybody not to buy an eReader until this problem is sorted out, and would hope that everyone who reads this post will do likewise.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines