I wonder if anybody can help me out with exporting 5.1 ac3 audio from Premiere CS4 version 4.1.0?
I have a 3min long HD 5.1 clip that I need to cut down to 60seconds and add fade transitions to. The final clip will be used in a media player with very specific spec - the clip needs to remain HD 1080p with a frame rate of 29.97 and a maximum CBR of 38. The audio must be 5.1 aac. The format can be mpeg 2 or h.264. The overall quality loss needs to be minimal.
Up to now I have been cutting up footage that only needs to be stereo and I found the best way to to this while keeping quality was to use Prem Pro and export as mpeg 2 1080p 29.97, quality:5, bitratre: CBR 38, audio as mpeg layer 2 (as these clips were stereo only). These clips played back fine and looked great so I wanted to keep the 5.1 clip process as close to this as possible.
So far all I have been able to get from Premiere Pro is an audio codec called DVD_LPCM which the media player will not recognise. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to 5.1 audio so I may be doing something obviously wrong...
- I have purchased the 5.1 surcode codec and its activated.
- I have started a new AVCHD (I need 1920x1080) 1080p 29.97 project with a 5.1 audio master
- The orignal file is an mpeg which I have pulled into PPro and selected Clip > Audio > Breakout to mono
- I take the 6 mono channels in the project panel and put them into thier own mono tracks in the sequence.
- the video I use is the original mpeg with the 5.1audio muted in the sequence.
- When i select each track in the project panel and go to Clip > Audio > Source channel mappings, I see that track has already been allocated a source channel. So I go to the Audio Mixer panel and adjust the 5.1 panners for each tyrack according to what the Source Channel Mapping window has told me - Audio 1 is is L, audio 2 is R, audio 3 is LS, 4 - Rs, 5- C and 6- LFE
- I cut the video and all the mono track to the 60seconds I need and export using these settings:
Video - exactly as before
Format - Dolby Digital, Codec - SurCode, Audio Coding Mode: 3/1 (L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs - 5.1 Surround), LFE: on.
The clip exports with DVD_LPCM 5.1 audio. Is it to do with the AVCHD preset? Could anyone help me get aac? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
exporting 5.1 ac3 audio
The audio must be 5.1 aac.
That's a contradiction. AC3 and AAC are two differernt codecs. Which do you need?
Using AME and the SurCode Plug-in, here's how the dialog screen looks for the Audio Tab in PrPro 2.0. It should be similar in CS4:
You do have the Minnetonka SurCode DD 5.1 SS plug-in, right?
Good luck, and hope that this is helpful.
PS - note that in the screen-cap, I have composited the dialog box, as though it fully displayed, with no need to scroll it. Depending on your display, you may need to scroll, and your scroll bars will look different from what you see here - just ignore that part of it.
Message was edited by: the_wine_snob - Added PS