3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2009 10:37 AM by RedSanders

Presets selection based on input, or output?

RedSanders

After upgrading to PE7 from PE3, and since most of my family are now using wide screen TVs, I looked at the Available Presets for a new project, and realized that I don't know if they are selected based on the input format, or for the desired output format.  I read and reread the Presets section in Steve's book on PE7, and I am still confused. As much video editing as I have done, it is embarrassing not to know this.  So, thanks for answering a newbie question from an oldie.

• 1. Re: Presets selection based on input, or output?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

You will want your Project Preset to match, as close as possible, your source footage.

The Output can then be adjusted, as is required, in Share/Export.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Presets selection based on input, or output?
            RedSanders Level 1

Sorry Hunt, meant to click question answered.

• 3. Re: Presets selection based on input, or output?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Red,

That is not an issue, so long as you got the correct answer.

If I understand the "points" thing correctly, on some, yet to be determined date, the poster with the most points gets an al-expenses paid trip to San Jose to dine in the Official Adobe Cafeteria. Durning this meal, they'll have five minutes to tell the Adobe engineers the features that they'd like to see in the next version of their favorite Adobe program. Whether the engineers will listen remains to be seen. I hear that they do Maine lobster for lunch on Friday, so if I win, I'll shoot for Friday lunch. I'm in the running with a gentleman, Harm Millaard, on the PrPro forum. He's in Holland, so the air fare alone makes it more worthwhile for him. I've told him that if he wins, and will invite me to the Maine lobster lunch, I'll bring the wines for the entire table of Adobe engineers! For me, it's a short hop from Phoenix to San Jose, but hey, dining in the Official Adobe Cafeteria would make it all worthwhile...

Hunt