6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2009 3:03 PM by the_wine_snob

Rolling credits with images

doclocks

I am working on a video and am trying to do the credits. I made each category/name as an image in photoshop( so they can easily be changed). I am trying to get them to roll as credits, I used the anchor point in the motion option. I have 7 different images that I'm trying to roll on top of each other, so as one is leaving the next is coming up. The problem I am having is that the 3rd and 5th wording does not come up normal, it looks almost ghosty (faded in to the background), so you can barely see it. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks

*nirvana*

• 1. Re: Rolling credits with images
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I do just what you are doing - create my Title in PS, with images and text. I do one of these for each Title and Import these as a still into PrPro/PrE. There, I place the stills on different Video Tracks, if I want any overlap. Then, I Keyframe Effect>Motion>Position, to get my Roll, just as I want. If I wish for one to fade into the next, they overlap on their respective Video Tracks, and then I Keyframe Effect>Opacity. One could add a Cross-Dissolve Transition to the Beginning and the End of these Titles, but I like the control of Keyframed Opacity.

One tip, before you Import your stills, you might want to set the Duration for Stills to be about what you will want. You can still adjust them, as needed, but this gets you close in the beginning.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Rolling credits with images
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As a sidenote, I always Save_As .PSD from PS and Import those. I do not go to JPEG. In PrPro, I can also Import as a Sequence, should I wish to keep the Layers and animate my images separately from the text - maybe having it fly off-screen, before the Roll is complete. I do not think that PrE can do this, as it does not use Sequences, like PrPro does.

I also use either Ease-In/Ease-Out, or Continuous Bezier for my Keyframes to keep the movement smooth. Hint: when doing this, do not hesitate to set your WAB over these Titles, and Render them (hitting Enter) to watch how smoothly they function.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Rolling credits with images
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              The problem I am having is that the 3rd and 5th wording does not come up normal, it looks almost ghosty (faded in to the background), so you can barely see it. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

For this issue, I would check the Opacity "rubberband" on those Titles. These rubberbands can accidently get grabbed, when one is working with a Clip, and get moved down. Check that the Opacity (except for any Keyframed Effects>Opacity) is 100% in each of your Titles. The display of the rubberbands is kind of small, so I'd do this in the Edit Effects (Effects Control Panel), and verify.

I'd guess that PrE has a quick way to check for any change in Opacity, like PrPro does, but the Effects Control Panel will do it too.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Rolling credits with images
                doclocks Level 1

Wow, lots of info in your messages and it all sounds foreign to me... lol. Im

not that skilled with the program. The opacity is 100%, I'm not sure what the

rubberband thing is...

nirvana

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:13:50 -0600, the_wine_snob wrote

The problem I am having is that the 3rd and 5th wording does not come up

normal, it looks almost ghosty (faded in to the background), so you can barely

see it. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

For this issue, I would check the Opacity "rubberband" on those

Titles. These rubberbands can accidently get grabbed, when one is

working with a Clip, and get moved down. Check that the Opacity

(except for any Keyframed Effects>Opacity) is 100% in each of your

Titles. The display of the rubberbands is kind of small, so I'd do

this in the Edit Effects (Effects Control Panel), and verify.   I'd

guess that PrE has a quick way to check for any change in Opacity,

like PrPro does, but the Effects Control Panel will do it too.  

Good luck,   Hunt

>

• 5. Re: Rolling credits with images
                  doclocks Level 1

Not sure where those are... I don't have any titles though, all the wording is

done as image files. What's a WAB?

nirvana

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:09:42 -0600, the_wine_snob wrote

As a sidenote, I always Save_As .PSD from PS and Import those. I do

not go to JPEG. In PrPro, I can also Import as a Sequence, should I

wish to keep the Layers and animate my images separately from the

text - maybe having it fly off-screen, before the Roll is complete.

I do not think that PrE can do this, as it does not use Sequences,

like PrPro does.   I also use either Ease-In/Ease-Out, or

Continuous Bezier for my Keyframes to keep the movement smooth.

Hint: when doing this, do not hesitate to set your WAB over these

Titles, and Render them (hitting Enter) to watch how smoothly they function.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 6. Re: Rolling credits with images
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a look at the various aspects of the "rubberbands," the orange/yellow lines that run through a Clip on the Timeline, if Opacity Keyframes are set to display in the Video Track Header. This also shows one Clip, a rectangular Shape on a separate Title, when it's Opacity has been lowered to ~ 50%. Note: the text is on a separate Title, and it is set to Opacity of 100%.

Opacity_Example.jpg

Hope that this helps. Unless you have an Opacity setting of less than 100%, the only other things that I can think of, that would affect your Opacity would be a Cross-Dissolve over that area of the Clip.

Good luck,

Hunt