Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can't access modified pdf files protected by a strategy

Level 2

Bonjour,

The pdf file is well protected and my students have access to «all the Reader's tools».

Yet, if they save their work, they can't access their file anymore.

They get a message stating that since the file had been changed the tools extensions are no longer available.

I want them to write notes on their files during their exams.

I want them to be able to save their pdf files and go back to it after a few minutes or hours.

How do I correct this?

Thanks

Armand

Teacher at

University of Sherbrooke

Quebec  Canada

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Ok I found the problem .....your certificate that you use to Reader Extend the document has expired.  See attached screen shot. I assume that you are using an evaluation copy of Acrobat and that is how you Reader Extended the doc.

Paulscreen1.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you post a sample of the form so we can see what has been done to the form?

Thanks

Paul

Level 2

You mean on the pdf file!

Anything written on the pdf file and saved, (either with same name or a new file name) prevents any use of the Reader Tools at the next opening

If I put a circle, a square or write something, at opening I get a message which read as follow (I'm translating).

«This document has activated the extended functions of Acrobat Reader. It has been modified since its creation

and the extended extensions are no longer available. Contact the author of the original document.»

Hope I'm being clear

Armand

Former Community Member

I assume that you are Reader Extending the document before giving it to the user...right? Are you choosing the allow commenting right?

Thats why I wanted you to post the form so I can check to see what rights were applied to it.

Paul

Level 2

I guess you'Il need a login info

User: para8888

Pass: 8888para

Level 2

When opening in Acrobat Pro 9, I can see that:

Write permissions are set to «YES»

Armand

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Ok I found the problem .....your certificate that you use to Reader Extend the document has expired.  See attached screen shot. I assume that you are using an evaluation copy of Acrobat and that is how you Reader Extended the doc.

Paulscreen1.png

Level 2

This is exactly it

We are on a trial version and the Adobe rep extended LiveCycle trial

period and must have forgotten

to extend the Extension package

Thanks very much

I'm calling him at this very moment

Armand Paré

Chargé de cours

Université de Sherbrooke

Bureau: K1-4084

Téléphone: 819-821-8000 poste 62788

Sans frais: 1-800-267-8337 poste 62788

Site du Programme PEP-CGA USherbrooke

Le 09-09-30 à 15:38, pguerett a écrit :

Ok I found the problem .....your certificate that you use to Reader

Extend the document has expired. See attached screen shot. I assume

that you are using an evaluation copy of Acrobat and that is how you

Reader Extended the doc.

>

Paulhttp://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/12430/screen1.png

>

Level 2

Thanks again Paul

You've been very helpful.

From Armand

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----