3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 9:09 AM by AttaBoy2

How shall i edit FLV movie on Fly?

vikrambawne

I am working on flash project ... requirement is ... editing flv movie on fly ...

Customer will upload flv file through simple html form.

And from admin i will run my flash project where i can be able to open that uploaded flv file and

make corrections in that flv file like draw line, change text etc and resaved it with my corrections. and mail flv link to client.

Is it possible in flash or flex ...

Any suggestions or helps are appreciated

thanks

Vikram

• 1. Re: How shall i edit FLV movie on Fly?
          AttaBoy2 Level 3

You say FLV but what you describe sounde like a swf.  If you have the flash authoring environment you need the FLA that created the SWF.  For Flex you generate swf's through mxml files that can be edited through flex builder.

• 2. Re: How shall i edit FLV movie on Fly?
            vikrambawne Level 1

Yes its playing FLV in SWF.

See its golf movie people will upload from simple form

and in admin i will run my flash swf file where that flv movie play and

i can be able to edit that that means i am able to draw line and remove

anything if i wish ... or add anything ... in flv in run time environment.

Thanks

Vikram

• 3. Re: How shall i edit FLV movie on Fly?
              AttaBoy2 Level 3

You can overlay the FLV that's no problem but  you would still need to have the original FLA.  If you actially want to edit The FLV you would need to use a video editing program to access individual frames and to make the kind of changes you are talking you would have to edit it frame by frame probably with a bitmap editor like photoshop.  It can be done but would you relly want to.