• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recording drag and drop action does not work

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recording a software demonstration  When I drag and drop, it shows up as a blank slide.  When I preview the project, the drag and drop action is skipped over and a white screen flashes in it's place.

Can someone help me with this?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

My guess is that you are using Captivate 3, no?

Assuming my crystal ball is correct, please review the Frequently Encountered Issues topic conviently linked below and pay close attention to the seventh item listed.

I'm using Captivate 3 and preview has issues.

Click here to view

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I'm using Captivate 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Perhaps double-check to ensure you are using the latest version of the Flash Player or Plug In?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

I updated to the latest Flash and I'm still having the same issue.  Any other ideas?

Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry but I'm out of ideas here. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion to offer.

Aside from what I've suggested thus far, please take a moment and file this as a bug with Adobe. Sometimes you will find they come back and solve your issue. If that happens for you, that's terrific! And if it does, please update this thread with the solution so others may benefit.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent in a bug report.

Does this record/drag and drop problem happen for you too?  I'm just curious if I have some setting set up incorrectly.

I did try it on my desktop and the same thing happened.  I wanted to be sure that the problem wasn't some interaction issue between Captivate and the software that I'm trying to demonstrate.

Thanks,

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Assuming I'm understanding the situation correctly it would seem that this is a Full Motion Recording (FMR). By that I don't mean you recorded the whole presentation using FMR. Normally Captivate shifts gears and records any clicks and drags as FMR. So you might see nine slides of screen after screen then see a 3 second FMR as a window is dragged from one location to another.

I suppose you might test the FMR situation by simply trying to record a brief project using total FMR from start to finish. See if that works or not.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out!!!

I have a very wide monitor.  FMR apparently didn't like that.  I simply reduced the size of my application window.  Now drag and drop records like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem youd had. Only that I was using a two monitor configuration, I tried switching one off, and changing the application window size, but in my case It doesn´t seem to work, I keep getting blank screens whenever I clic and drag. What are the exact setting you had, please

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources