3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 11:08 AM by ShardulSingh

Web Service Location

Screwworkn

What is the best way to change the location of a web service?  We have a web service currently pointing to a development server and when we move it to the production server we have to change the URL that the web service uses to the production server as well.  How do I do this in the flex builder?

Chris

• 1. Re: Web Service Location
          ShardulSingh Level 3

Hi,

Put your web Serive path in a xml file at the Flex end.Now pickup this path using the HttpService on the CreationComplete or Initialize

of the Flex Application.

Later on you can change any time the webService path in the xml,it will not create problme whether you will be working Development

or Production Server.Because you can change the path any time in the xml.

with Regards,

Shardul Singh Bartwal

• 2. Re: Web Service Location
            Screwworkn Level 1

It sounds like you have the solution, but I do not understand part of what you are saying.

I understand how to pickup the path on CreationCompleteor Initalize.  The part I do not understand is how I tell the flex application at run time the path of the web service to use.  I used the Import Web Service (WSDL) function to setup the web service but I not anywhere in my code specify the path.

Thank you

Chris

• 3. Re: Web Service Location
              ShardulSingh Level 3

You can find the path inside the BaseService.as File in the Folder "src>generated>webServices".

with Regards,

Shardul Singh Bartwal