• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Capture Shown

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2008 Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my name is Andy, and i am using the 30 day trial with a view to purchase. Yesterday managed to complete a Demo with no issues. Today, every time i try to capture an application or a preset size, all that is returned is a blank side with no captures. the shutter sound is working, and i have not adjusted any settings.

My colleague tried different scenarios, but still no captures?

am i being thick?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Andy

For starters, you need to know that there is absolutely no difference between the trial and the fully licensed versions. So I don't believe this is an issue that is related to the fact you are using a trial version.

You might want to give this a shot.

Close Captivate
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the location below:
C:\Documents and Settings\????\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate

Note that ???? represents your logged in user name.

In this location should be a file named captivate_v30.dat. Delete this file. (or rename it if you are hinky about wholesale deleting it). The goal is to make Captivate think it isn't there.

Restart Captivate and a fresh file will be created. And your issue may be fixed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick response. I did as you suggested, although, i still get the same problem, if however i record again to insert slides after the new ones do appear, but the previous captures do not.

Sorry to be a nuisance

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy

LOL, you aren't being a nuisance. You have an issue you are trying to resolve and that's what this place is all about. Helping one another.

Okay, a wee bit of clarification. You said: I did as you suggested, although, i still get the same problem, if however i record again to insert slides after the new ones do appear, but the previous captures do not.

Are you saying that it seems to record properly now, but you just aren't able to see what you recorded prior to deleteing the file? If so, that makes total sense. Deleting the file will normally only correct an issue from the point you deleted forward. It won't make the older project with the missing slides magickally show them.

But I'm not certain that's what you mean.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Apologies, i tried to create a new demo, and when i pressed END, and saved the project, all that was shown was the one blank slide again. if i then pressed the RECORD from the menu bar, and tried to capture more screen shots, they appeared, but the ones from the new saved project do not appear. hope that makes sense?

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Hmmm, very curious. How exactly are you recording? I know that may seem to be a silly question, given that's what Captivate does. But it's worthy of noting that Captivate records in different ways. You may record in the traditional screen capture mode, where Captivate grabs a snapshot of each screen as you click the mouse and move about. And you may record in "Full motion" mode, where Captivate behaves in a similar fashion to a camcorder, where you turn it on and begin recording and all of it is full motion from start to end.

I've seen other posts where issues with full motion are occurring as you are describing, which is why I am asking this. Unfortunately, if this is the case, I'm not sure I've ever seen a workaround or fix offered. So aside from advising to try the other recording approach (again, assuming it's full motion that's getting you down) I'm unsure what to suggest.

Perhaps someone else here has a thought of what to try.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No i am not using the Full Motion approach,

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frapdoodle!

Just a guess here, but do you have admin rights on your PC? Are you working in an environment locked down by IT?

You initially said that things seemed to go fine yesterday, but aren't working today. I'm also wondering if something else is in the mix here. I suppose one experiment would be to simply restart the PC. Only open Captivate and the application you wish to record. Then give things a try.

Which makes me think of another question. Today are you attempting to record a different application than you were yesterday? It could be an incompatibility with the application and Captivate. And if that's the case (which sometimes happens) there are possible workarounds.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Well just to throw a spanner in the works, i have done what you said, originally, it is the same application, i have even tried uninstalling and re-installing, and have even spoken to it very nicely. Yes i have Admin rights, but maybe now i dont want them anymore. lol

i do appreciate the help, but i also have another problem, when opening the successful project that i did yesterday, if i go to create Menu for the project i get "Can't open the DIB handler"

I am totally screwed.......

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Definitely you should report this to Adobe via the Bug reporting form. The link is below:
Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

When you say you were creating a menu, I'm guessing that you mean clicking File > Record/Create > MenuBuilder Project? If so, I've seen that error message posted here before. And who knows, perhaps it is indicative of the other issues going on. I'm guessing your PC meets specs? I think a DIB handle is a "Device Independent Bitmap" handle. Seems to me to suggest possibly something video related. So maybe ensure your drivers are up to date with the video card?

The other product I deal with is RoboHelp HTML. I know that with that product, a few years back we saw an issue where it would unexpectedly close down when working with an image. It was finally narrowed down to one specific video card. For that issue, upgrading the drivers often resolved it.

So just thinking out loud a bit here. Maybe something in my meanderings will spark a thought. Sure wish I had a pat answer to offer that just fixes it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources