2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 5:30 AM by flashcamchatdude

chat swf file running slow and giving abort script warning with more users online, many warnings

flashcamchatdude

Hello,

I have bought a chat package, and over 9 months i am running into the problem hat it is gooing slow with more users online.

So i decided to install the "flash debug player 10" and check what exacly is happening.

Within 2 minutes the flashlog.txt (error log of debug player) was 195KB

I will now paste the error messages that are dumped into flashlog.txt tha occur the most and i think it seems as if the error message comes from a loop, because there are so many of these warnings:

warning: broadcastMessage is not a function
      warning: 'this' does not have a property 'mcProgress'

So basicly i have within 1 minute over 2000 of exact the above error messages. 

The question is; is this wat is making the swf file run slow? with more users online i even get the "running slow, do you want to abort" warning. 
      Best regards,
      FlashCamChatDude

• 1. Re: chat swf file running slow and giving abort script warning with more users online, many warnings
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your chat could just be bogging down due to the number of people having data constantly delivered.  If the entire chat is refreshed with each update, there is a good chance there's a traffic jam at the server.  In any cae, if you are seeing errors, then you should see what you can do about fixing them, if anything.

When the running slow/abort question pops up, that is usually associated with a process having run out of control, such as an infinite loop having been encountered.

Have you contacted the seller to see if they have any feedback to offer?

• 2. Re: chat swf file running slow and giving abort script warning with more users online, many warnings
            flashcamchatdude Level 1

Your chat could just be bogging down due to the number of people having data constantly delivered.  If the entire chat is refreshed with each update, there is a good chance there's a traffic jam at the server.  In any cae, if you are seeing errors, then you should see what you can do about fixing them, if anything.

I was worried about this too, so i posted a help-request on the Wowza forum. They monitored the server through JMX and reported that CPU usage was only 2% and that they did not find anything unusual. So i gues we can assume that the server load is not the problem.

Besides that the server is connected with a GigaBit connection, so upload speed also cannot be the problem.

When the running slow/abort question pops up, that is usually associated with a process having run out of control, such as an infinite loop having been encountered.

Have you contacted the seller to see if they have any feedback to offer?

Yes i have, i purpusly did not mention the company name, because i do not want then to be on the internet negative if they are willing to solve the problem. i uploaded the entire flashlog.txt to my server, explained the problem and gave them the link to the flashlog.txt file.

Unfortunately i am already trying to get this issue fixed for over 9 months, they keep reporting that they investigated and keep sending me updated files.

So now with the flashlogs evidence i hope that they can solve the problem with the videochat.swf running slow, but just in case if they send me the message that the warnings cannot be the problem of videochat.swf running slow, i would like a confirmation by a flash expert that this can ideed be the problem, so i can point them to this post.

To clarify the speed problem, it is not so, that i am getting a "script running slow"warning immediately, the more users, the slower the chat works up to a point when there are more than 50 users online the chatters are getting the "running slow"-dialog.