Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visual Communicator and Captivate

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was thinking of buying Visual Communicator 3 to generate content for Captivate 4.

Has anyone got these two working together successfully?

The help for Captivate mentions requirments for FLV meta data . Does Visual communicator meet these requirments?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Captivate/4.0/Using/WS6BADD718-C642-4699-B4C7-EB55D8653227.html

I am going to cross post in both the VC and Captivate forums

thanks

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Hi there

I have both applications but seldom use Visual Communicator (VC). Moments ago I fired it up for a test. I'm pleased to report that I recorded with VC and dropped it into Captivate and it played without issue. So I'm going to conclude that you should have no issues with it. I'm guessing it already inserts the metadata that Captivate requires.

In addition to testing from my PC locally, I popped the video up on my server and tested from there to ensure things worked as well. And they did.

Hop

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I have both applications but seldom use Visual Communicator (VC). Moments ago I fired it up for a test. I'm pleased to report that I recorded with VC and dropped it into Captivate and it played without issue. So I'm going to conclude that you should have no issues with it. I'm guessing it already inserts the metadata that Captivate requires.

In addition to testing from my PC locally, I popped the video up on my server and tested from there to ensure things worked as well. And they did.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources