3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 8:27 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 7 Crashing

Buckeye101

I'm about a week into using this software & it's not going too well.  I've got a I-7 processor with 8 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive.  Everything loads ok and I can open a project fine.  As soon as I go to the "edit" tab, PE7 freezes & shuts down.  Any ideas???

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 7 Crashing
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is it crashing before you even load media into it? If not, let us know what type of camcorder your video is coming from and how you're getting it into your computer.

Also, ensure you have the latest Windows Updates (manually go to Windows Update and add even the optional updates) and the latest version of Quicktime. Then uninstall and reinstall the software.

I'm assuming that 1 terrabyte drive is your C drive and that it was properly set up at the factory.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 7 Crashing
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Buckeye,

This ARTICLE might give you some tips on getting your computer set up for an NLE session.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 7 Crashing
              the_wine_snob Level 9

If the suggestions in the link above do not help, this ARTICLE might yield some clues as to what is happening, when the program crashes.

Also, even if your computer is brand new, the chances are great that both your Audio and Video drivers are out of date, and could well be responsible for the program crashes and hangs. I'd update both. Because PrE accesses and uses both of these drivers more than almost any other program, having them updated is highly important. Other apps. will often run fine, but then an NLE will crash. This is very common.

Good luck,

Hunt