2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 6:19 AM by digitalus_media

dreamweaver opening png file in fireworks

digitalus_media
      ever since i upgraded from studio 8 to cs3 dreamweaver continues to look for fireworks 8 when it opens a png file. i have set the correct path to fireworks.exe in dreamweaver preferences, which it ignores. i read one older post about manually editing the registry, but give me a break. i bought this upgrade with the reasonable expectation that it would basically work.
        • 1. Re: dreamweaver opening png file in fireworks
          Level 7
          Basically it does, else you probably wouldn't have upgraded. ;-)

Try highlighting .png, delete the reference, and reloading it. That should
          save the changes to the registry.

HTH

Steve

"digitalus media" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g64kk1$24f$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > ever since i upgraded from studio 8 to cs3 dreamweaver continues to look
          > for
          > fireworks 8 when it opens a png file. i have set the correct path to
          > fireworks.exe in dreamweaver preferences, which it ignores. i read one
          > older
          > post about manually editing the registry, but give me a break. i bought
          > this
          > upgrade with the reasonable expectation that it would basically work.
          >

• 2. Re: dreamweaver opening png file in fireworks
            digitalus_media Level 1
            i upgraded because i wanted photoshop and illustrator. i did finally get those associations working based on the input of another thread (finally found one that worked). i suppose that adobe could say this is a windows issue, but who knows.