Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many activations

Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as for many others, DE keeps asking me to activate (authotirize computer) every time I restart windows.

Today I reached the limit and I can't activate it anymore. Too many activations apparently. E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 989:8989:8989 urn:uuid:645c557a-1b09-4486-80f6-f32a87b59075

I've submitted a web case #181205817 but the support keeps closing it without fixing the problem or reseting my activation count.

I spent several hours on the phone, but it's obvious that none of dozens of people in customer care or technical support have any clue on how to resolve it. They are completely unaware of the product. Then they keep insisting on serial number. Then I was "transferred" several times and my call was dropped during the "transfer", etc. It obviously would be stupid to hope that Adobe is capable of fixing this.

Did anybody figure a way to fix this / work around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've fixed it for you, you now have 2 activations left (you had four machines activated - two of them multiple times).  I'm also forwarding the case number up the management chain so that they can get the support management team to review what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have the same problem.  I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions.  It worked beautifully but every time I opened it, I had to go through the setup process again.  I finally reached the limit and got the same error message-- "too many activations."  I tried opening a different account with another e-mail address, reinstalling it, even edited the registry to get rid of the Adept file.  No luck.  I opened a case through the web support portal and was directed to the technical support 800 number even though this product has no phone support.  I only have it installed on one machine.  Mr. Lester, could you reset my activations?  Also, could you please tell me how to resolve the issue of having to go through the setup process every time I open ADE as this is what caused the problem in the first place?  My case number is 202520364.  Thank you for your time and assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines