1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2009 10:42 PM by Steven.Madwin

Digital Signature behavior in Reader vs. Acrobat

bmillhaus Level 1

I created a PKCS#12 Digital ID file in Acrobat 7 that included a graphic image of an actual signature. When I apply that signature in Acrobat it shows the graphic image of the signature in addition to the other information I included in the file. When I apply that signature in Reader though instead of the graphic image it simply places the Name information from the file in block type where the graphic image should be though it still includes the other information from the file. Does anyone know why this would be the case and how I can correct it?

Thanks for your help with this,

Brian

• 1. Re: Digital Signature behavior in Reader vs. Acrobat
          Steven.Madwin Adobe Employee

Hi Brian,

The image isn't part of the P12 file, but rather a custom signature appearance you created in the Preferences dialog. To create a custom signature appearance from within Reader:

• Select the Edit > Preferences (Windows) or the Adobe Reader > Preferences (Mac) menu item.
          • Select Security from the Categories list box
          • Click the New button in the Appearance group box
          • Select the Imported graphic radio button on the Configure Signature Appearance dialog, and then click the File button
          • Click the Browse button on the Select Picture dialog
          • Navigate to and select the image you want to use, and then click the Select button on the Open dialog
          • Click the OK button on the Select Picture dialog
          • Supply a title (e.g. My Signature) and select/deselect the checkboxes for the items you want to display or suppress
          • Click the OK button on the Configure Signature Appearance dialog
          • Click the OK button on the Preferences dialog

That should do it for you,

Steve