2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 9:40 AM by the_wine_snob

Please help with editing elements 7

mshopkz

Hello everybody,

I am new in this s/w but I have spent many hours trying to figure out how to edit/cut a portion of a clip and leave the blank area out. It seems that when I cut a piece out it also enters the scene/timeline leaving me me with many black (the cut out) portions. Any ideas?

Thank you in adnvance

K

• 1. Re: Please help with editing elements 7
          the_wine_snob Level 9

You have one Clip, and want to remove part of it from the middle, closing up the gap, where that deleted footage was. There are several ways to do this, but I would place my CTI (Current Time Indicator) where I wanted the first Cut, and hit Ctrl+K to cut both the Audio and Video at that point. Move the CTI to where you wish the deleted segment to end, and hit Ctrl+K again. Now, you have three Clips on the Timeline. Rt-click on the middle one, and choose Detele and Close Gap. Done.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Please help with editing elements 7
            the_wine_snob Level 9

For great detail on the other workflows, plus info on almost everything in PrE and how to accomplish nearly ever task, I strongly recommend Steve Grisetti's book on PrE 7.

With most desired operations, there are several ways to accomplish them. The choice of which method works best, will be personal choice.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful