Understand smart sound is an add on for PE8

What does it do?

How do you access it?

thank you

cpp

• 1. Re: smart sound
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cpp10

Source of Sound Tracks, some free, some you need to purchase.

This embedded feature appear to originate from:

http://www.smartsound.com/premiere/

Check out their web site for an overview.

To get to the feature in Premiere Elements 8,

Look to the far right of the Timeline and just above the Timeline there to "Audio Tools". Click on Audio Tools to get the drop down list which shows:

SmartMix, Audio Mix, Add Narration, Detect beats, and Smart Sound. After you select SmartSound, follow the instructions to activate the feature.

I have written up some details for actually working with and will look for them if you think that you need them.

I will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 2. Re: smart sound
            cpp10 Level 1

thank you

For the present projects I will not be needing it.

CPP

• 3. Re: smart sound
              A.T. Romano Level 7

cpp10

I just found that Smart Sound thread from another forum that I frequent. It has some detail that you might use if you decide to use the Smart Sound feature. I will post it now so that I do not lose track of it.

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46030

ATR

• 4. Re: smart sound
                the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you the full background on SmartSound, its variations, its Libraries, and even the other SmartSound software.

Hope that this helps.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: smart sound
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

This is an aside. SmartSound is having a major sale on their Libraries right now. Here's the LINK to that sale.

Unfortunately for me, I already own most of their music, so even though the sales are good, there is little that I need.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: smart sound
                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                    Look to the far right of the Timeline and just above the Timeline there to "Audio Tools".

This is good to know. For most versions and also for PrPro, SmartSound has been accessed from the New icon in the Project Panel - the same place that one would do Black Video, etc. You just saved me telling people to look under the New icon, in PrE 8.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 7. Re: smart sound
                      Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

And, it case it wasn't mentioned, the true beauty of SmartSound is that it will create a music clip in any style you want AT THE EXACT LENGTH YOU SET!

In other words, if you need a 48 second music clip as a transition between scenes, SmartSound will create a 48 second musical segment with a natural beginning middle and end. And, of course, it's licensed and royalty free, so you can use the music in any production, even a work for hire, without having to be concerned about music licensing (as you would need to be if you used music from iTunes or a CD).