2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 7:44 PM by pwillener

I can not get reader to work on xp.

chuck59c

I have installed the 9 on  Reader and can not get it to work. I installed Fixit to see and it does not work either. Is there a place on XP that needs to be checked or opened. This started after the the computer was attacked by virus and they got into the registry. Had this repaired and this is what makes me think  something is  not opened for readers to work. Any ideas out there.

• 1. Re: I can not get reader to work on xp.
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

chuck59c wrote:

I have installed the 9 on  Reader and can not get it to work. I installed Fixit to see and it does not work either. Is there a place on XP that needs to be checked or opened. This started after the the computer was attacked by virus and they got into the registry. Had this repaired and this is what makes me think  something is  not opened for readers to work. Any ideas out there.

Sounds like your sytem didn't get repaired. I would take it back to the tech that worked on it.

In the meantime, you haven't mentioned what happens when you try and get it to work so we have no syptoms to go on to help you. Plus, what is fixit?

There is no place on XP that you need to do anything special to get Reader to work so again, sounds like your system is still hosed.

• 2. Re: I can not get reader to work on xp.
            pwillener Level 8

~graffiti wrote:

Plus, what is fixit?

Probably Foxit.