9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2013 12:23 PM by clon2

Sharp points

KC29 Level 3

Referring to the attached image.....

If I draw a shape using the Pen Tool or Polygon Tool I get sharp pointed corners if the angles are a certain size,

but if I change the shape so that the top angle becomes narrower, then I lose the sharp point and get a flat top

How can I keep sharp corners on a narrow angle?

• 1. Re: Sharp points
          Ozzwoman9 Level 4

You should be able to change this in the Stroke pallet. There should be buttons there that will allow you to change "joint".

• 2. Re: Sharp points
            Doug Katz Level 4

What happens if you select the bezier point where you want a sharp angled tip and then increase the miter limit in the stroke panel?

• 3. Re: Sharp points
              KC29 Level 3

Doug Katz wrote:

What happens if you select the bezier point where you want a sharp angled tip and then increase the miter limit in the stroke panel?

That solved it, thanks

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

You should be able to change this in the Stroke pallet. There should be buttons there that will allow you to change "joint".

Is this referring to the "Miter/Bevel/Round" options ?  They don't solve the problem.

Unless it's a new thing on CS4, because I'm only on CS3

• 4. Re: Sharp points
                Ozzwoman9 Level 4

No, I use CS3 too. Often times it's as simple as clicking these buttons:

Picture 1.png

If that hadn't worked then my next step would have been what was stated in post #2.

• 5. Re: Sharp points
                  PrepressPro1 Adobe Community Professional

KC29,

You should mark this as Answered so others searching this forum will see your example and the solution thus avoiding redundant postings.

• 6. Re: Sharp points
                    Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

KC you should mark Doug's answer as the answer i comes u a lot and it would be good for the users to know where o find a solution.

• 7. Re: Sharp points
                      KC29 Level 3

Marked as answered.

It's a bit late because all the comments appeared after I'd gone home for the weekend, and I haven't looked for a couple of days

• 8. Re: Sharp points
                        Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

I am glad you marked the thread not really important though it wwould be helpful if you had arked Doug's post as the answer or at least as helpful.

Glad you had the time to mark the thread as such.

• 9. Re: Sharp points
                          clon2 Level 1

Doug Katz wrote:

This method isn't working for me, although I'm adding anchor points with handles with my triangles.

Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 3.22.59 PM.png