1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 2:00 PM by ипотпал-лаптопов

Just LISTEN - cues

Philip:16

Typical movie matching presentation - trying to advance text on a different FLASH (v.8) layer using CUE points within a FLVplayback component. There is plenty of help offered (thanks) about creating cue points in the FLV (3 ways: event or navigation types pre-encoded; or AS-2 inserted using the pop-list within the properties of the playback component. SO assuming cue points are inserted correctly - WHAT CODE is needed to get swf to react and stay in synch? The text will naturally stay in sych until a user moves the playhead.

Can I get by on only one simple line of code in one place - like a "LISTEN" command on the 1st Frame of the "Actions" layer? I have also placed key frames on the action layer at the point aligning with lower layer text changes. Is there some kind of "goto and play" needed? Should each jump to a keyframe begin with "stop()" ? ... maybe "seekto" / "find-display" / "var event handler" ? I am a video editor with no scripting knowlege.  Forget external xml lists of cue points. My laborious alternative is to chop the video into 50 separate pieces and insert in time as needed.

By the way: is it best to have the button bar for presentation control on the FLV itself - on the FLVplayback controlled (since it is hosting the cue points - or on the overall combined swf exported?
      Thank you, thank you.
      Philip

• 1. Re: Just LISTEN - cues
          ипотпал-лаптопов

If I understand you correctly first you need a listener for cue points events in your main movie.

var listenerObject:Object = new Object();
          listenerObject.cuePoint = function(eventObject:Object):Void {
               // Put any code you like here
               trace("Cue point name: " + eventObject.info.name);
               trace("Cue point type: " + eventObject.info.type);
          }
          my_FLVPlybk.addEventListener("cuePoint", listenerObject);

Second you need a movie for the presentation slides with the separate frames.

And finally you need the above listener to switch the presentation movie's current frame with presentation_mc.goToAndPlay(frame_no);

The above should work provided you have the cue points properly inserted. You don't need to split the video into pieces.