7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2009 4:39 PM by the_wine_snob

video effect ??

1_dizzy Level 1

This has probably been asked on here already, but I can't find it under what I'm searching.   Is there a way in PE7 to add an arrow or text bubble to a moving subject. 

Say I have a football player on the field and want to point him out by using an arrow that will follow him, can I do that?

• 1. Re: video effect ??
          the_wine_snob Level 9

This is easily done with Titler. Use a Wingding, or Webding font, to get your arrow.

For "bubbles," these are available from many Web sites, and can be created in a program, like Adobe Illustrator.

You can Keyframe your Title to follow your subject.

Good luck, and if you need a source for "bubbles," let me know. I think that I have several URL's.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: video effect ??
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

For what it's worth, in version 8 you not only get speech and thought bubbles as clip art with the program but it also include a Motion Tracking feature so that you can lock the bubble to a person in your video and it will follow him around the frame.

• 3. Re: video effect ??
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

That's great to know. Since Motion Tracking has been in AE for many versions, it's nice to see that it's made it into PrE 8. I also did not know that there was Clip Art in the Functional Content.

Now, I wonder if PrPro got Motion Tracking in CS4. Maybe it's time for me to finally upgrade, even before I get the new workstation and go to 64-bit OS.

Thank you,

Hunt

BTW - if the OP needs more thought/speech bubbles, let me know, and I'll dig up some of the URL's.

• 4. Re: video effect ??
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Here are some of the URL's that I noted. Also, it might be worthwhile to look into some of the "bubbles" fonts. As wingdings and webdings are usually installed already, I'd look at them for useful symbols. The same goes for many symbol font sets.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: video effect ??
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Another source, if you have MS Office, is the MS Office Clip Art Library, on the MS Office site. You will need to download MS Clip Organizer, if you do not already have it, but there is a wealth of clip art, stock images and symbols there.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: video effect ??
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are also over 100 shapes, including speech and thought bubbles, included in Photoshop Elements.

• 7. Re: video effect ??
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

That's great to know. PS (the big version) used to ship with more, but they have been cut down lately. Illustrator still has a lot of vector shapes, but I had more several versions ago. I usually copy my older versions' Functional Content and put those onto several backup DVD's to go with my Clip Art and Shapes libraries. Some of these go back to DOS days!

Like SFX files, one can never have too many, so long as they have a place to store them.

Thanks,

Hunt