2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2009 8:58 PM by JaysonM-Y

More effecient ways to duplicate animation.

JaysonM-Y Level 3

Trying to make more efficient ways to duplicate position/rotation etc adjustments and animations. Most likely a noob post but just to put it out there incase anyone wants to help me figure it out faster. So I have an animation I keyframed with the anchor point set to the edge of my screen and the rotation done in 3D space to have the text fly in like a book cover/leaf. I'm repeating this animation a few times with other text layers one after the other of different lengths. I'd like to know how to create a preset that auto adjusts itself to the length of any given layer I apply it to. Like how the Fade In+Out preset can adjust itself to the length of your layer, and all you have to do is change how much frames you want it to fade in and out.

• 1. Re: More effecient ways to duplicate animation.
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, the preset you are mentioning uses expressions to determine the timing. While it would be possible to create something similar for your use case, it would require a more specific look at the overall project. The problem with such automated stuff is, that it often will not look as organic since it eithr creates the motion fully artificially or mimics the motion of another existing item. Getting this right may require several extra lines of code (e.g. for leaves to simulate different airt resistance of different layer sizes). It realyl depends. If there are not too many layers, simply copying and pasting the keyframes and the nmanually adjusting their timing may be easier.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: More effecient ways to duplicate animation.
            JaysonM-Y Level 3

Mylenium wrote:

Well, the preset you are mentioning uses expressions to determine the timing.

Yeah, I figured as much, so I had been studying that said expression for a while.

Mylenium wrote:

will not look as organic since it either creates the motion fully, artificially or mimics the motion of another existing item

That's what I'm trying to do..

Mylenium wrote:

Getting this right may require several extra lines of code (e.g. for leaves to simulate different airt resistance of different layer sizes).

Not very proficient at coding. Or expressions for that matter. Analyzing the expressions of the presets are helping, but just a little. Any advice at where I should go/what I should do to get a better understand of these things?

Mylenium wrote:

If there are not too many layers, simply copying and pasting the keyframes and the nmanually adjusting their timing may be easier.

I finished the thing but yeah, it was a good while of manual labor. I asked after finding that I had trouble(hours of work time used) figuring it out.

Thanks for the help.