3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2009 4:07 PM by the_wine_snob

Can't burn a readable DVD

dentontay

Using Elements 7...

I just bought his to try my hand an some vacation videos... last time I used Elements was v3!

Anyway I can't for the life of me burn a DVD that is readable once it is finished. I'm using some older 4x DVD+R media. Everything seems to go well in the burining process, but when I try to access it I cannot. From the computer, I get an error message. From a normal DVD player, it tells me the disc is not readable. From a bluray player, ditto,

I've also tried buring without chapter markers, and with. No difference. Any ideas?

While I write this I'm trying to 'share' as a flash file.

Thanks,

Denton

• 1. Re: Can't burn a readable DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's hard to say without knowing more about your process or what you mean by "older DVD media".

You're burning directly from Premiere Elements, right? And the program shows that the DVD burn is complete and successful?

If so, it could be your brand of disc or the fact that you may be burning at a speed faster than the discs are rated.

Try using a quality brand, like Verbatim, and see if you get better results.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can't burn a readable DVD
            dentontay Level 1

Looks like there's an issue with the dvd burner. It reads and writes CDs, and pretends to do the same with dvds, but some file transfer tests show the dvd part to be defective. I'll get a new one tom'w and try again! THanks.

• 3. Re: Can't burn a readable DVD
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Good luck with the new equipment.

Using 4x blank media should not be a problem, in and of itself. The brand, however, can make all the difference in the world.

As Steve is, I am a fan of Verbatim. I use them for all of my DVD-9 (DL) media, and Taiyo Yuden for all DVD-5's. With ~1500 DVD's burned, I have never had a failure, nor have I had a single returned disc. After several years, those two brands are 100%. It cannot get better than that.

Good luck,

Hunt