4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 12:54 AM by Mylenium

issue opening 6.5 composition in CS3

rocknrollerDK Level 1

Hello everybody,

I allready started a thrad over at mograph; perhaps here are some more people who could help.

Does anybody know a solution for the problem that sometimes occur when you open up a AFX 6.5 comp with PSD Layers that are animated in it, in CS3 or CS4. We often got the issue that AFX misinterprets the anchor points and therefore the placement of the layer gets totaly damaged. I've got that problem on Mac OSX 10.5 and on Windows (xp64) machines.

any help or advice is welcome

cheers
      angry-daniel

• 1. Re: issue opening 6.5 composition in CS3
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, a ton of similar issues have been fixed over the years from version to version, but I'm not aware of any specific problem such as you describe it still existing. Of course I could be wrong and just have lost track of events. Anyway, the question probably hinges on how the original files were imported and thus how they are referenced in the project. Could also be a matter of how they are linked/ grouped in the PSDs. Did you do some checking on these things?

Mylenium

• 2. Re: issue opening 6.5 composition in CS3
            rocknrollerDK Level 1

Thanks for your answer mylenium. That error occurs when we imported a multy layer psd file as composition; layers as layer size; not comp size. The psd file was created with PS cs4 on the same machine. We had that issue also, when we opened up old projects, made with 6.5 or also 7, psd files from cs2 or cs3. It seems that the layer interpretation differs in the newer versions cs3 and cs4.

• 3. Re: issue opening 6.5 composition in CS3
              rocknrollerDK Level 1

I was wandering how other people work, when old projects have to be touched again? I can't believe that we are the only ones with that kind of issue.

Looking forward to any input from you guys.

daniel

• 4. Re: issue opening 6.5 composition in CS3
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, I never use PSDs much and try to create everything in AE or my 3D programs I must admit. This obviously severely limits the probabilities of such things happening. At the times I have, I have not noticed any such issues other than the ones we ironed out during the Beta of CS4, but that's a different topic entirely...Can you post one of those jinxed files for testing? If you can't put it up publicly, just send it via mail (mylenium<\|/>at<\|/>mylenium<\|/>dot<\|/>de).

Mylenium